- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Completion of FNT201 is highly recommended due to the academic nature of this course.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal and external Achievement Standards. Students are able to gain a Course Endorsement.
Students will gain knowledge and experience in:
- Nutritional issues affecting the well-being of New Zealand society.
- Influence of multinational food corporations on eating patterns in New Zealand.
- Influences of media messages on food choices.
- Complex food processing procedures.
All students must follow Health and Safety regulations as required.
- Where Does It Lead:
A good foundation for qualifications in Consumer & Applied Science, Food Quality and Consumer Studies, Food Safety and Microbiology, Food Product Innovation, Food Processing, Food Contamination, Security, Food Science, Human Nutrition, Research, Food Technology, Dietetics, Sports Performance
- For further information see:
- Mrs Mandley