- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
- Course Outline:
This course exposes students to senior food subject pathways to help students make informed subject choices before the end of the year.
- Safe food handling practices.
- Practical work — food preparation, developing safe food handling skills.
Content will be focused on exposure to senior food subjects areas such as:
- Food Technology eg. food science, production processes, nature of technological outcomes.
- Nutrition eg. Well-being, meal planning, healthy food choices.
- Hospitality NCEA Level 1 credits.
Class maximum size is 24 students.
All students must follow Health and Safety regulations as required.
Assessment will be through written tests, assignments/projects, practical skills and group work.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 1 subjects such as Food Technology and Nutrition (Achievement Standards with literacy credits attached) and Hospitality (Unit Standards and industry qualifications). Future careers in catering, food technology, nutrition and other food related pathways. This course also provides students with skills for everyday living.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D van Vuuren.