- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
- Course Outline:
This course covers:
- Dietary requirements of adolescents.
Nutrition specific to the needs of teenagers which includes planning and cooking meals that meet the needs of active and non-active teenagers as well as those with a range of specific dietary requirements. This will include one practical assessment.
- Packaging information and marketing.
Packaging Information and Marketing which includes understanding the nutritional information panels on food packaging and how packaging information influences food choices and well being.
There is one internal NCEA assessment in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 courses –FNT and Hospitality.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Mandley/ Mrs Van Vuuren