- Approx Cost:
- $270.00 includes ITO workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of HOS203 or FNT301 preferred. Alternatively, admission is at the discretion of the HOLA. Students taking this course may not enter FNT301, unless in exceptional circumstances they have HOLA approval. Class maximum is 24 students.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain a Course Endorsement. This course is designed for students to gain knowledge in:
- Coffee origin and production – theoretical.
- Food contamination hazards and control methods used in food business - theoretical.
- Basic nutrition in commercial catering - theoretical.
- Implement complex procedures to process a specified product – theory and practical assessment.
There will be weekly practical classes but will not be assessed.
- Where Does It Lead:
Foundation for qualification in Hospitality, consumer and applied science, food quality and consumer acceptance, food safety and microbiology.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D van Vuuren.