- Approx Cost:
- $180.00. Additional costs for ITO workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This course is open entry. However, completion of HOS203 or FNT201 is advantageous.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain a Course Endorsement. This course is designed for students to gain knowledge in:
- Food contamination hazards and control methods used in food business - theoretical.
- Basic nutrition in commercial catering - theoretical.
- Prepare and present espresso beverages for service - practical
- Demonstrate knowledge of coffee origin and production - theoretical
There will be weekly practical classes but will not be assessed.
Students need to follow Health and Safety regulations as required.
- Where Does It Lead:
Foundation for qualification in Hospitality, consumer and applied science, food quality and consumer acceptance, food safety and microbiology.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Mandley