- Approx Cost:
- $180.00. Additional costs for ITO workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This course is open entry. However, completion of HOS203 or FNT201 is advantageous. Students taking this course may not enter FNT301, unless in exceptional circumstances they have discussed this with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain a Course Endorsement. This course is designed for students to gain knowledge in:
- Food contamination hazards and control methods used in food business - theoretical.
- Basic nutrition in commercial catering - theoretical.
- Prepare and present espresso beverages for service - practical
- Demonstrate knowledge of coffee origin and production - theoretical
There will be weekly practical classes but will not be assessed.
Students need to follow Health and Safety regulations as required.
- Where Does It Lead:
Foundation for qualification in Hospitality, consumer and applied science, food quality and consumer acceptance, food safety and microbiology.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Mandley