- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This is an open entry course.
- Course Outline:
Part of the University Entrance (UE) requirements is to have UE literacy. This involves 5 credits for Reading and 5 credits for Writing at NCEA Level 2 or 3.
This course provides the opportunity to achieve 14 credits at Level 2 and 3 for UE literacy without the need to focus on a literature rich subject. All standards on offer are internally assessed. UE Literacy English will also allow you time to focus on Independent Learning to help balance your workload across other courses.
Course Endorsement at Level 2
UE Literacy English Standards available:
Reading (8 credits on offer):
- AS AS91105 : Use information literacy skills to form developed conclusion(s) (4 credits)
- AS 91106: Form developed personal responses to independently read texts, supported by evidence (4 credits)
Writing (6 credits on offer):
- AS91101 : Produce a selection of crafted and controlled writing (6 credits)
- AS91475 : Produce a selection of fluent and coherent writing which develops, sustains, and structures ideas (6 credits)
- Where Does It Lead:
This course allows students to achieve the UE Literacy requirements. Level 2 students can progress into Level 3 courses; ENA301, ENF301, ENG301, ENW301, ENR001.
- For further information see:
- Ms Lamont