- Approx Cost:
- Work booklets approx. $25.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Completion of 10BUS is an advantage. Students who choose ECA101 are not eligible for ECO101 or ACC101.
- Course Outline:
This course gives students an insight into general economic and accounting fundamentals. This course particularly suits anyone thinking of going into their own business as a sole trader (eg a builder).
- The economic problem of scarcity.
- Consumer choices.
- How the market operates. The New Zealand economy.
- The effect of changes in the market on producers, consumers and the government.
- Small business accounting.
- Financial statements for a small business.
What you will learn:
- Why consumers make choices.
- How consumers react to events.
- How consumer choices affect society.
- How the actions of government impact on consumers and producers.
- How to process financial transactions for a small business.
- How to prepare financial statements for a small business.
- Where Does It Lead:
Either or both Year 12 Economics and Accounting.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D Walker