- Approx Cost:
- Workbook $17.50.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Entry by negotiation with HOD for students who want to pick up ECO301. Doing ECO301 for the first time will require extra out of class work throughout the year.
- Course Outline:
This course looks at how the market system operates, why there is a need for government involvement and how the economy works as a whole. Students develop reasoning and analytical skills that allow them to present and interpret economic data and arguments in a clear and coherent manner.
- Economic theory, why markets behave as they do: Monopoly, not just a game.
- Economic analysis of contemporary issues, e.g. how can economics solve the youth drinking problem.
- Market efficiency.
- Influences in the New Zealand economy.
What you will learn:
- Economic theory.
- How the economy works.
- Understand economic ideas and interpret and draw economic graphs.
- Understand the choices the government makes.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary study in commerce, accounting, management, finance, economics, business studies. History, political science or law.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Walker