- Approx Cost:
- Workbook $17.50.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Requirements:
ECO101 or ECA101 or ECO101 or ECA201. Entry by negotiation with HOD for students who want to pick up ECO301. Doing ECO301 for the first time will require extra out of class work throughout the year.
- Course Outline:
This course looks at how the market system operates, why there is a need for government involvement and how the economy works as a whole. Students develop reasoning and analytical skills that allow them to present and interpret economic data and arguments in a clear and coherent manner.
- Economic theory, why markets behave as they do: Monopoly, not just a game.
- Economic analysis of contemporary issues, e.g. how can economics solve the youth drinking problem.
- Market efficiency.
- Influences in the New Zealand economy.
What you will learn:
- Economic theory.
- How the economy works.
- Understand economic ideas and interpret and draw economic graphs.
- Understand the choices the government makes.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary study in commerce, accounting, management, finance, economics, business studies. History, political science or law.
- For further information see:
- Mr S Douce.