- Approx Cost:
- $60.00, includes workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open Entry. Must have ID's to be police vetted. Police vetting is a requirement for practical placements. Students must have two forms of ID for this.
Laptop is essential to watch video clips for their workbooks.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed and supported by Plunket for students to gain knowledge of ECE service. It contains internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain course endorsement.
Practicum and off-site assessment occurs and therefore a high level of personal and behavioural expectations applies.
- Development and learning of children relevant to ECE services.
- The value of play and creating resources for children’s development and learning.
- Whānau/family diversity in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
- Develop respectful, reciprocal and responsive relationships with children in an ECE service.
Written and practical placements to an early childcare centre.
- Where Does It Lead:
Further training in Early Childhood Education and Care. Provides a foundation for childcare and other careers in education.
- For further information see:
- Mrs O'Malley