- Approx Cost:
- Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This is an advanced course and students will need to be proficient at abstract and logical thinking. Therefore, strong mathematical ability, particularly in Algebra, is required. Level of achievement in Year 9 Mathematics will be considered before a student is accepted into this course
- Course Outline:
Students will learn to write code in a text-based programming language. They will work through exercises designed to develop the ability to create good algorithmic, code-based solutions to problems. They will learn how to plan and test their programs and will deliver projects to create solutions for real-world problems using Design Thinking skills in a programming sense.
This course aims to:
- Develop an understanding of programming languages and their use in designing software applications
- Develop skills and techniques in organising, designing and managing resources involved in solving Digital Technologies problems
- Develop team management and communication skills
- Develop understanding of computer science concepts
- Develop Computational kills
Assessment is by means of practical and written work, both short and long term
- Where Does It Lead:
Either Year 10 Digital Technologies – Big Data or Print Media or any Year 11 Digital Technologies course.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey