- Approx Cost:
- Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This is an advanced course and students will need to be proficient at abstract and logical thinking. Therefore, strong mathematical ability, particularly in Algebra is recommended
- Course Outline:
Have you ever wanted to find out:
- How computer programs can be used to quickly and easily find errors in data?
- How a computer stores an image or a video if it only understands a 0 and 1?
- How does artificial intelligence work?
- Will computers take over the world?
- How does it all work?
This course aims to develop an understanding of:
- How to represent different data types using binary
- Common algorithms used for error checking and correction
- Common algorithms used in sorting and searching and how to chose the best algorithm for a given situation
In this course you will learn to:
- Write code to implement commonly used algorithms
- Use object-oriented code to solve problems
- Understand computer science concepts like error detection and correction
- Represent different types of data using only binary numbers
- Develop your own Chatbot
Assessment is by means of practical and written projects
- Where Does It Lead:
Any Year 11 Digital Technologies course.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey