- Approx Cost:
- Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This is an advanced course and students will need to be proficient at abstract and logical thinking. Therefore, strong mathematical ability, particularly in Algebra, is recommended.
- Course Outline:
Students will learn to write code in a text-based programming language. They will work through exercises designed to develop the ability to create good algorithmic, code-based solutions to problems. They will learn how to plan and test their programs and will deliver projects to create solutions for real-world problems using Design Thinking skills in a programming sense.
This course aims to:
- Develop an understanding of programming languages and their use in designing software applications
- Develop skills and techniques in organising, designing and managing resources involved in solving Digital Technologies problems
- Develop team management and communication skills
- Develop understanding of computer science concepts
- Develop Computational thinking skills
Assessment is by means of practical and written projects
- Where Does It Lead:
Any Year 11 Digital Technologies course.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey