- Approx Cost:
- Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
This is an advanced course and students will need to be proficient at abstract and logical thinking. Therefore, strong mathematical ability, particularly in Algebra, is required. Level of achievement in Year 9 Mathematics will be considered before a student is accepted into this course
- Course Outline:
Students enrolled in this course will learn about database software that are used to create and manage data stored in a database. They will learn how to use the database software tools to analyse data collected by means of a survey, as well as find meaning from the data in the database.
Students will also learn how to develop a website by coding and creating their own HTML, CSS and Bootstrap.
This course aims to:
- Develop an understanding of databases and their use in analysing and using data
- Developing Web Applications, by coding your own HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- Develop skills and techniques in organising, designing and managing resources involved in solving Digital Technologies problems
- Consideration of end-user requirements
- Develop Designed Digital Outcomes
Assessment is by means of practical and written work, both short and long term
- Where Does It Lead:
Any Year 11 Digital Technologies course.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey