- Approx Cost:
- Students are required to print out their work and will be expected to purchase a print card at the start of the year and replenish as necessary. They will need their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Course Outline:
This is a half year course designed to give students an introduction to Digital Technologies.
Students will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Common software such as word processing, spreadsheet and desktop publishing.
- Design and presentation techniques.
- Using drawing/animation programs to create scenes and animated stories.
- Develop skills in basic web development using HTML.
- Use basic principles of video game design to develop a game of their own.
- Using image programs to create elements for digital design.
- Understanding the significance of producing an outcome that is fit for the purpose intended.
Assessment is by means of practical and written work, both short and long term.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 10 Digital Technologies or Year 10 Digital Programming.
- For further information see:
- Ms C Nesbit, Ms R Davey.