- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Completion of year 10DTY, 10EDT or 10DTP an advantage. Those students who are confident in a wide range of common software may apply by negotiation with TIC, Mrs Davey.
Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who have good computer skills, and who want to design computer programs to make games. It encourages students to apply their existing knowledge and expand their learning in context-based projects. Students will learn the skills and techniques required to make a quality computer game to satisfy end-user needs, while also considering relevant implications.
Topics will include:
- Computer programming
- Proposal development
- Iterative process to develop a digital outcome
- Working with end-users and determining their requirements and needs
- Project planning and management
- Planning and documenting computer solutions to address a problem
- Creating simple computer programs
- Working with indexed data structures and/or functions
- Testing procedures and version control
- Computational Thinking and algorithm design
- Problem solving through the technological process
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
There is one internal NCEA assessment in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 11 Digital Technologies Computer Science - Enigma or
Year 12 Digital Technologies (Programming) DTP201
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey