- Approx Cost:
- Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject and they will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
At least 12 credits from DTP201. Students with some programming experience and good mathematical ability may apply by negotiation with the TIC.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who are interested in a career in computer science or programming. Students will extend their programming skills and develop awareness of the different areas addressed by computer scientists.
Topics will include:
- Object oriented programming.
- Working with GUI.
- Computer Science concepts.
- Brief development and prototyping.
- Problem solving through planning, documenting and creating complex computer programs.
- GUI design and development.
- Testing procedures.
- Describing areas of computer science such as intelligent systems.
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
- Where Does It Lead:
University Entrance or other tertiary studies in the digital technologies area.
- For further information see:
- Ms R Davey.