- Approx Cost:
- Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
It is expected that students will have at least 12 credits from DTP201. Students with some programming experience and good mathematical can discuss their suitability with the TIC.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who are interested in a career in computer science or programming. Students will extend their programming skills and develop awareness of the different areas addressed by computer scientists. They will also design and develop their own program solution to a real-world problem of their choice.
Topics will include:
- Object oriented programming
- Working with GUI
- Computer Science concepts
- Proposal development
- Iterative process to develop a digital outcome
- Problem solving through planning, documenting and creating complex computer programs
- Iterative process to develop a complex digital outcome
- Testing procedures
- Investigating areas of computer science
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
- Where Does It Lead:
University Entrance or other tertiary studies in the digital technologies area.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey