- Approx Cost:
- Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject (suggest a constant of $5).
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
At least 12 credits from DTP201. Students with some programming experience and good mathematical ability may apply by negotiation with the TIC.
Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who are interested in a career in computer science or programming. Students will extend their programming skills and develop awareness of the different areas addressed by computer scientists.
Topics will include:
- Object oriented programming
- Working with GUI
- Computer Science concepts
- Proposal development
- Iterative process to develop a digital outcome
- Problem solving through planning, documenting and creating complex computer programs
- Iterative process to develop a complex digital outcome
- Testing procedures
- Describing areas of computer science such as intelligent systems
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
- Where Does It Lead:
University Entrance or other tertiary studies in the digital technologies area.
- For further information see:
- Mrs R Davey