- Approx Cost:
- Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject(suggest a constant of $5).
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of year 10DTY, 10EDT or 10DTP. Those students who are confident in a wide range of common software may apply by negotiation with the HOLA.
Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who have good computer skills, who want to learn about Computer Science concepts and creating computer program solutions to problems. It encourages students to apply their existing knowledge and expand their learning in context based projects.
Topics will include:
- Computer programming
- Core Computer Science concepts
- Proposal development
- Iterative process to develop a digital outcome
- Planning and documenting computer solutions to a problem
- Creating simple computer programs
- Working with indexed data structures and or functions
- Testing procedures
- Combining and managing information from different sources and software
- Computational Thinking and algorithm design
- Problem solving through the technological process
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
Students may not enter both DTP101 and ELE101 because of overlapping standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Digital Technologies (Programming) DTP201
- For further information see:
- Mrs R Davey