- Approx Cost:
- Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject(suggest a constant of $5).
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of year 10DTY or 10DTP. Those students who are confident in a wide range of common software may apply by negotiation with the HOLA.
Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who have good computer skills, who want to learn about Computer Science concepts and creating computer program solutions to problems. It encourages students to apply their existing knowledge and expand their learning in context based projects.
Topics will include:
- Computer programming
- Core Computer Science concepts
- Image creation and manipulation
- Brief development and prototyping
- Planning and documenting computer solutions to a problem
- Creating simple computer programs
- Testing procedures
- Combining and managing information from different sources and software
- Using creative digital media tools to create a quality outcome
- Problem solving through the technological process
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Digital Technologies (Programming) DTP201
- For further information see:
- Mrs R Davey