- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of year 10DTY, 10EDT, 10DTP or DTPA101. Those students who are confident in a wide range of common software and what to learn to code in Python may apply by negotiation with TIC, Mrs Davey.
Students will need to have their own headphones
- Course Outline:
This course is designed for students who want to gain better computer program skills and learn about the Computer Science concepts. Students will learn how encryption algorithms work, why they are used in the real world and problems associated with encryption algorithms. Students will create Python programs to perform encryption and decryption of text, hack encrypted text and create programs to test their code.
Topics will include:
- Computer programming using Python
- Encryption, a Core Computer Science concept
- Iterative process to develop a digital outcome
- How to test a computer program to prove it works
- Planning and documenting computer solutions to a problem
- Creating simple computer programs
- Working with indexed data structures and or functions
- Testing procedures
- Computational Thinking and algorithm design
- Evaluating algorithms
- Problem solving through the technological process
It is expected that students will engage with their projects beyond class time.
There is one internal NCEA assessment in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Digital Technologies (Programming) DTP201
- For further information see:
- Mrs Davey