- Approx Cost:
- Students are required to print out their work and will be expected to purchase a print card at the start of the year and replenish as necessary (suggest a constant of $2).
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry, although this course is suited to students who are able to work independently on projects. Preference will be given to students who have completed 9DTY if the course is over-subscribed.
Students will need to have their own headphones.
- Course Outline:
This course is project-based and gives students the opportunity to consolidate and expand on skills in a variety of Digital Technologies.
The course builds understanding of the nature, characteristics and practice of technology as part of preparation for senior pathways in Digital Technologies.
Students develop skills and knowledge in Digital Information and Media.
- Using common programs efficiently e.g. Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Image and photo editing programs
- Creating multimedia elements e.g. sound, images, text, animation, and video
- Website development
- Research skills and presentation techniques
- Build on prior knowledge to develop projects of their own
Assessment is by means of practical and written project work, both short and long term.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 11 Digital Technologies DTM101, DTP101 or DTA101
- For further information see:
- Mrs C Nesbit, Mrs R Davey.