- Approx Cost:
- Materials $5.00. Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
At least 12 credits in NCEA Level 1 Graphics or HOD recommendation.
- Course Outline:
The course aims to present a challenging and creative environment for students interested in design, graphic communication and computer aided design.
The course structure and assessment builds on the skills learnt in Graphics at Level 1 but with increased skills in drawing systems, presentation technique, model making and use of computer graphics software. Design briefs are more open-ended, with students having more of an input into in-depth design problems. The course aims to build stronger understanding of design elements and principles.
Students choose to focus on either:
- Spatial design - Architectural and environmental design
- Product design – Technological/engineering.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Design and Visual Communication and Scholarship; polytechnic and university courses in design, graphics, architectural draughting, CAD design, product design, media graphics, mechanical drawing, and quantity surveying; architecture, engineering, technology.
- For further information see:
- Mr E Wright, Mr S Childs