- Approx Cost:
- Materials $5.00. Students will be expected to have printing credit available for this subject.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
At least 12 credits in NCEA Level 2 Design and Visual Communication or by negotiation with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
This course includes standards from the Design and Visual Communication University approved subject area.
Design and Visual Communication at this level involves students planning and managing major units of work. Students undertake extensive exploration of ideas, development and presentation of final solutions to specific design contents. Students will put together design portfolios demonstrating knowledge and skills gained from previous years and further enhancing detail and presentation.
Students choose to focus on either:
- Architectural and environmental design
- Engineering and technological design.
- Where Does It Lead:
Polytechnic and University courses in design, graphics, architectural draughting, CAD design, product design, media graphics, mechanical drawing, quantity surveying; architecture, engineering, technology.
- For further information see:
- Mr E Wright, HOLA or HOD