- Approx Cost:
- $25.00 case study trip plus $50.00 Young Enterprise costs.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry, however a desire to study commerce at tertiary level recommended.
- Course Outline:
Students are expected to demonstrate understanding of the following business knowledge, concepts, and content:
- Quality management (significance of quality management to a business, costs and benefits of quality control, quality assurance, total quality management, Kaizen and quality circles).
- Innovation (risks and opportunities of innovation, including intellectual property management, product and process innovation, corporate cultures and strategies encouraging innovation).
- Change management (why a change management process is necessary, resistance to change, costs and benefits of change management strategies).
- Business strategy (mission statement, corporate objectives, SMART aims).
- Marketing audit (existing marketing activities, BOSTON matrix).
- Market research (size, market share, targets, segments).
- Market analysis/strategy (Porters Five Forces model, SWOT, marketing mix ANSOFF matrix)
- Sales forecasting.
- Marketing budgets.
- Contingency planning.
- Implementation and monitoring.
- Thoroughly develop a business pitch to highlight the innovative aspects of the activity and present the business case.
- Engage in consultation with specialist advisors in relation to the innovative, sustainable and ethical aspects of the business activity.
- Comprehensively evaluate the business activity against desired economic, social, cultural (including ethical) and environmental outcomes using an analytical tool such as thequadruple bottom line.
There are 3 external credits and15 internal credits.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary Commerce degree.
- For further information see:
- Mrs K Wissel.