- Approx Cost:
- Course book $15 plus optional revision guide $22.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open entry. It is strongly recommended that students take a Science at NCEA Level 1 (BIO101, GSC101, SCI101, SCE101, SCP101, SCI102).
- Course Outline:
By the end of Human Biology students will be able to:
- Carry out a practical investigation in Human Biology.
- Demonstrate how humans interact with microbes.
- Report on a human biological issue.
- Demonstrate humans and mammals as consumers.
- Demonstrate life processes in humans.
All aspects will be covered in a Human Biology context. There are four internal assessments and one external assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Agriculture/Horticultural Science201, Biology201, Applied Biology201, Science201 if entry requirements have been met. Students will unlikely be able to take Physics201 or Chemistry201 unless another Science is taken at NCEA Level 1.
- For further information see:
- Miss G Barrett / Mr R Grieve