- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Students should have enjoyed Year 10 Science and have strong interest in biology. Students intending to take Year 12 Biology will need to include an additional science course in their learning program.
- Course Outline:
Students will explore biological ideas that will allow them to:
- Understand the human digestive system and how it compares to those of other mammals. This will involve hands on dissections and analysis of skulls.
- Investigate other human life processes with a focus on movement and respiration, through research and practical experimentation.
- Develop skills to carry out a biological investigation relating to human life processes
There will be one internal NCEA assessment which includes 4 numeracy credits.
- Where Does It Lead:
This course would fit well alongside any other year 11 science. This could lead to completing study in senior Biology at Lincoln High School. Relevant careers could include Biology, Health Science, Research and Development, Nutrition, Physiotherapy. Students who are looking at careers in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields are recommended to consider taking more than two semesters of science such as 11BIO, 11SCP, 11ESS, 11AHS, 11SBC, 11AMS or 11FSC. For NCEA Level 2 Speciality Sciences, a total of 8 Science credits are required with 4 credits of those being at least Merit level in the specialty subject area.
- For further information see:
- Miss Tighe