- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40 plus optional revision guide $22. Field trip costs of approximately $15.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Biology 201 and Science 201 course as well due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Practical Biology students will be able to:
- Carry out a practical investigation in Biology.
- Using microscopes to identify the cell structure of organisms.
- Investigate an ecological pattern in a community.
- How animals are adapted to their way of life.
- How biological information is presented to the public.
There are five internal assessments (with the possibility of one optional external).
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Applied Biology, Agricultural/ Horticultural Science, Manufacturing Science, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, Occupational Therapy, Agriculture/Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Mr W Tolhoek.