- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40 plus optional revision guide $22. Field trip costs of approximately $15.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Biology 201 and Science 201 course as well due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Practical Biology students will be able to:
- Carry out a practical investigation in Biology.
- Using microscopes to identify the cell structure of organisms.
- Investigate an ecological pattern in a community.
- How animals are adapted to their way of life.
- How biological information is presented to the public.
There are five internal assessments (with the possibility of one optional external).
- Where Does It Lead:
Students interested in enrolling in BIO301 would need to either:
- enrol in the external standard and gain as least an Achieved to gain entry
- gain a Merit grade or higher across three internals in this course
- seek HOLA approval
- For further information see:
- Ms Whiting