- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40 plus optional revision guide $22. Field trip costs of approximately $15.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Biology 201 and Science 201 course as well due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Practical Biology students will be able to:
- Carry out a practical investigation in Biology.
- Using microscopes to identify the cell structure of organisms.
- Investigate an ecological pattern in a community.
- How animals are adapted to their way of life.
- How biological information is presented to the public.
There are five internal assessments (with the possibility of one optional external).
Students interested in enrolling in BIO301 would need to enrol in the external standard and gain as least an Achieved to gain entry.
- Where Does It Lead:
Agricultural/ Horticultural Science, Forensics Science, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, Occupational Therapy, Agriculture/Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Ms T Whiting