- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40 plus optional revision guide $22.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Biology 301 course as well due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Practical and Applied Biology students will be able to:
- Carry out a practical investigation in Biology.
- Using biological knowledge to respond to socio-scientific issue.
- How animals maintain a stable internal environment.
- How humans have modified genetic transfer of information and its biological implications
- Trends in human evolution.
There are 4 internal assessments and 1 external assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
University and Polytechnic Biology courses, useful in many jobs such as Nursing, Science Technology, Occupational Therapy, Veterinary Science, Medical Science and Agriculture/ Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Dr R Travis.