- Approx Cost:
- Field trip $100.00, workbooks $30.00 and revision guides.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
It is expected that students have a minimum of 12 credits plus an Achieved in an external from BIO201. Students not meeting these criteria need to discuss their suitability with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Year 13 Biology is an interesting, relevant and up to date course which offers a total of 14 credits. There is one Achievement standard assessed externally:
- Human evolution, 4 credits.
In addition there are three internal research based Achievement standards.
- Genetics manipulation (selective breeding and transgenesis), 3 credits
- Homeostasis (how an animal maintains a stable internal environment), 3 credits
- Complete a biological investigation (animal behaviour), 4 credits
- Where Does It Lead:
University and Polytechnic Biology courses, useful for many jobs such as nursing, science technology, occupational therapy, veterinary science, medical science and horticulture/agriculture fields.
- For further information see:
- Mr Tolhoek