- Approx Cost:
- Course manual $30.00. Field trip approx. $30.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Students are expected to have at least 8 credits from any NCEA Level 1 Science course. Alternatively, a student can discuss their suitability with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Some of the Biology from Level 1 is developed further, and new topics are introduced including:
- Biological Investigation.
- Genetic variation and change.
- Animal diversity.
- Cell structure and function.
There are two external assessments at the end of the year and three internal assessments during the year.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Biology, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, occupational therapy, university biology courses, veterinary science, optometry, medical degree, horticulture and agriculture fields, etc.
- For further information see:
- Ms Whiting.