- Approx Cost:
- Course manual $30.00. Field trip approx. $30.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Automatic entry requires at least 12 credits from SCI101, BIO101, SCP101, including Science 1.9 at least at Achieved Level OR any other Biology based External. Students not meeting this criteria need to seek approval from the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Some of the Biology from Level 1 is developed further, and new topics are introduced including:
- Biological Investigation.
- Genetic variation and change.
- Animal diversity.
- Cell structure and function.
There are two external assessments at the end of the year and three internal assessments during the year.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Biology, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, occupational therapy, university biology courses, veterinary science, optometry, medical degree, horticulture and agriculture fields, etc.
- For further information see:
- Ms Whiting.