- Approx Cost:
- Field trip $30.00, workbooks $30.00 and revision guides.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Automatic entry requires a minimum of 14 credits plus an Achieved in an external from BIO201. Students not meeting these criteria need to seek approval from the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Year 13 Biology is an interesting, relevant and up to date course which offers a total of 18 credits. There are two Achievement standards which are assessed externally:
- Plant and animal responses, 5 credits.
- Human evolution, 4 credits.
In addition there are three internal research based Achievement standards.
- Genetics manipulation (selective breeding and transgenesis).
- Homeostasis (how an animal maintains a stable internal environment).
- Research based on a socio-scientific issue.
- Where Does It Lead:
University and Polytechnic Biology courses, useful for many jobs such as nursing, science technology, occupational therapy, veterinary science, medical science and horticulture/agriculture fields.
- For further information see:
- Mr Tolhoek