- Approx Cost:
- Approximately $25 for the dishes made throughout the course.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
- Course Outline:
This half year course will consist of four defined areas
- Everyday Language for Travel: students will learn practical phrases to use when travelling for example; greetings, self -introductions, shopping phrases, asking directions for places and everyday phrases that can be used in many social and business settings. The two focus languages for this portion of the course are Japanese and Mandarin.
- Asian Culture: students will investigate topics from national costumes, sport, etiquette, housing, teen culture, education to Asian film and music
- Key Events from Asia’s History: students will walk in the footsteps of ancient emperors, samurai, warriors, the peasants who gave their lives to construct the Great Wall, Mahatma Gandhi, the survivors of the bombing of Hiroshima and many more
- A Taste of Asia: students will learn how to prepare a number of iconic Asian Dishes such as Sushi, Okonomiyaki, Naan bread, Nasi goreng and Dumplings
There are no internal NCEA assessments in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
Level 2 Social Sciences courses – History, Tourism or Social Studies
Further Language Courses
- For further information see:
- Mrs T Smith/Mrs Austen