- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 (includes student workbooks). Overnight field trip $100.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
A minimum of 12 credits in any one Level 2 Science or Commerce based subject (SCI201, BIO201, BUS201, CHE201, PHY201, ACC201 and ECO201) or at the discretion of the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Students undertake a mixture of research based internal assessments during the year and external exams at the end of the year.
- A research based internal assessment based on the profitability of chosen Primary Product, 6 credits.
- An investigation into a primary product eg potatoes, 4 credits.
- An agribusiness standard: Analyse how a product meets market needs through innovation in the value chain, 4 credits.
- In conjunction with the research internals is one external, marketing based worth 4 credits.
- Where Does It Lead:
University Degree/Diploma courses in: commerce, marketing, horticulture, agriculture and science at Lincoln or Massey. Polytechnic courses. Any employment with a horticulture/agriculture basis.
- For further information see:
- Mr Sparke