- Approx Cost:
- Overnight field trip $140.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
It is expected that students have a minimum of 12 credits in any one Level 2 Science or Commerce based subject (SCI201, BIO201, BUS201, CHE201, PHY201, ACC201 and ECO201). Alternatively they can discuss their suitability with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Students undertake a mixture of research based internal assessments during the year and external exams at the end of the year.
- A research based internal assessment based on the profitability of chosen Primary Product, 6 credits.
- An investigation into a primary product eg potatoes, 4 credits
- A compulsory external exam , Analyse a New Zealand Primary Production Environmental issue, 5 credits
- An optional external exam, demonstrate understanding of how the production process meets market requirements for a New Zealand Primary Product. 4 Credits
- Where Does It Lead:
University Degree/Diploma courses in: commerce, marketing, horticulture, agriculture and science at Lincoln or Massey. Polytechnic courses. Multiple employment opportunities with a horticulture/agriculture basis.
- For further information see:
- Dr Sparke