- Approx Cost:
- $35.00 (includes student workbook). Recommended revision book $15.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Year 11 students may be considered for the Level 2 Agricultural and Horticulture course if there are insufficient numbers for AHS101.
Previous study or practical experience in Horticulture or Agriculture is helpful but not essential.
- Course Outline:
By the end of the Level 1 AHS101 course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of soil management practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geographic distribution of agricultural and horticultural primary production in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact on the
environment of primary production management practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of livestock management practices.
- Design a landscape plan that reflects user requirements.
There are 4 internal assessments and 2 external exams.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Agricultural/Horticultural Science. Tertiary ‑ Lincoln University, Massey University, polytechnics. Possible employment in the following fields:‑ nursery apprenticeship, cadet schemes, forestry, farms, plant research, landscape architects, soil scientist.
- For further information see:
- Miss K Legg.