- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 (includes student workbooks) plus field trip costs of approximately $50.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
A minimum of 12 credits in either NCEA Level 1 Agricultural and Horticultural Science, Science or at the discretion of the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
The Level 2 AHS201 course consists of four internals all worth 4 credits each and one external worth 4 credits.
- Demonstrate understanding of livestock reproductive techniques in commercial production in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate understanding of interactions between livestock behaviour and New Zealand commercial management practices.
- Report on the environmental impact of the production of a locally produced primary product.
- Demonstrate understanding of how management practices influence plant growth and development in New Zealand commercial production.
There is one external worth 4 credits that examines the development and use of land for Primary Production in New Zealand.
Field trips are incorporated into most of the units to aid student understanding of farming in New Zealand.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Agricultural and Horticultural Science; Lincoln or Massey University; Polytechnic courses and employment in agricultural and horticultural industries.
- For further information see:
- Mr Sparke