- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 field trip costs
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This is open entry. However, students will have benefited from completing one or either of the year 11 Ag/hort semester courses. Or have successfully completed a semester course of Science, Commerce or Mathematics at year 11.
- Course Outline:
The Level 2 AHS201 course consists of four internals all worth 4 credits each and one external worth 4 credits.
- Demonstrate understanding of livestock reproductive techniques in commercial production in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate understanding of interactions between livestock behaviour and New Zealand commercial management practices.
- Carry out an extended practical agricultural or horticultural investigation.
- Produce a landscape plan
There is one external worth 4 credits that examines the development and use of land for Primary Production in New Zealand.
Field trips are incorporated into most of the units to aid student understanding of farming in New Zealand.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Agricultural and Horticultural Science; Lincoln or Massey University; Polytechnic courses and employment in agricultural and horticultural industries.
- For further information see:
- Dr Sparke