- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 (includes student workbooks) plus field trip costs of approximately $50.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
A minimum of 12 credits in either NCEA Level 1 Agricultural and Horticultural Science, Science or at the discretion of the HOD.
- Course Outline:
The Level 2 AHS201 course consists of four internals all worth 4 credits each.
- Produce a landscape plan.
- Demonstrate understanding of livestock reproductive techniques in commercial production in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate understanding of interactions between livestock behaviour and New Zealand commercial management practices.
- Report on the environmental impact of the production of a locally produced primary product.
There are two externals worth 4 credits each that look at livestock growth, development and production and land use for Primary Production in New Zealand.
Field trips are incorporated into most of the units to aid student understanding of farming in New Zealand.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Agricultural and Horticultural Science; Lincoln or Massey University; Polytechnic courses and employment in agricultural and horticultural industries.
- For further information see:
- Miss Roberts