- Approx Cost:
- $60.00 to cover optional class trips.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
However, it is highly recommended you take accounting, economics, business studies or agriculture to support your learning.
- Course Outline:
You don't need to be from a farming background to take Agribusiness.
The subject Agribusiness is defined as a course of study that integrates primary industries and business beyond the farm gate. The subject is encompassed by a group of sectors; agriculture, aquaculture, dairy manufacturing, equine, forestry, horticulture, seafood and sports turf.
This Agribusiness course is designed to engage and expose students to the wide range of opportunities, skills required and career pathways available across the Agribusiness sector. Areas covered include Innovation, Management, Finance, Marketing, Science and Technology.
There will be keynote speakers, field trips, case studies, and collaboration with Lincoln University.
4 internal standards on offer totaling 15 credits, which mainly involve individual project work.
- Where Does It Lead:
- Agribusiness level 3 (this is dependent on student numbers)
- Tertiary study in Agribusiness
- Careers within the 7 primary sectors, agriculture, dairy manufacturing, equine, forestry, horticulture, seafood, and sports turf
- For further information see:
- Mrs Walker