- Approx Cost:
- $60.00 to cover optional class trips.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
However, it is highly recommended you take chemistry, biology, accounting, economics or agriculture to support your learning.
- Course Outline:
New Zealand’s agricultural industry forms the backbone of our economy, contributing 48% to our export earnings. With the size and complexity of today’s farms, the sophisticated farming methods employed and advanced agricultural technology, employers are seeking those with specialist skills.
The subject Agribusiness is defined as a course of study that integrates primary industries and business beyond the farm gate. The subject is encompassed by a group of sectors; agriculture, aquaculture, dairy manufacturing, equine, forestry, horticulture, seafood and sports turf.
This Agribusiness course is designed to engage and expose students to the wide range of opportunities, skills required and career pathways available across the Agribusiness sector. Areas covered include innovation, management, finance, marketing, science and technology.
There will be keynote speakers, field trips, case studies, and collaboration with Lincoln University.
There are no NCEA assessments in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
- Agribusiness level 2 and Agribusiness level 3, this would depend on student numbers and teaching resources)
- Tertiary study in Agribusiness
- Careers within the 7 primary sectors, agriculture, dairy manufacturing, equine, forestry, horticulture, seafood, and sports turf
- For further information see:
- Miss Shearer-Schulz