- Approx Cost:
- Workbook $30.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of ACC201. Consideration will be given to students who have completed ECA101 or ACC101. Students who have not completed a commerce course in the past need to seek approval from the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
Accounting is intended for students with an interest in business, money and finance. Students will learn skills helpful in starting their own business, or assist those running a small business. This course will give students an awareness of business in the ‘real world’.
- Decision making – preparing financial information to assist management in making decisions.
- Job costing – costing for production businesses.
- Analysis and interpretation – analysing a New Zealand business’s financial information to decide whether or not it is worthy of investment.
- Accounting for partnerships and companies.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary study in accounting, management, finance, taxation, auditing and economics and careers in commerce/business.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D Walker.